Sunday, September 14, 2008

Camera catch-up/My first post

Oh man, excuse the formatting. This is my first effort.


My camera is full of food pictures so I figured I should get this blog up to speed before diving in.

Awhile ago I made some "buffaloaf" with meat from the farm market. Yesterday the guy we buy meat from called us "very regular customers" (his wife was trying to sell us all sorts of stuff and he was explaining that we knew what they had to offer). This was a very simple meatloaf with zucchini included. The mashed potatoes were small red potatoes cooked in homemade broth. Instead of covering the potatoes completely with the broth I just put a little in there and steam them and then use the remaining broth too mash, no waste!

My ice cream maker has also been busy. One of my favorite things to make is watermelon sorbet is because it is so easy and cheap (one watermelon makes a LOT of sorbet). A month or so ago some ladies started selling grapes at the farm mar so I have been experimenting with grape sorbet. It doesn't have an intense grape-y flavor, but it tastes good and the color is so amazing! Peach and chocolate ice cream (not together) have also become staples.
Sausage and peppers have also made appearances at dinner. My dad used to make this dish for me on my birthday because it was my favorite. This is basically onions and bell peppers (which have been plentiful the past few weeks) cooked with italian sausage and covered with a simple tomato sauce (just tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and salt).



Yummy and pretty!


I also made an experimental bread. I was really wanting some chocolate so I made this decadent zucchini bread with cocoa, nuts, coconut (had some leftover) and 60% dark chocolate chips (so fabulous for baking). It was so wonderfully moist and delicious.




Thats all for now!

No comments: